1. Examples of biotic factors include (a) grass, flowers, and sunlight (b) grass, trees, bees, and ants. (c) grass, trees, soil, and water. (d) all of the above
2. Components of an ecosystem include (a) soil, sunlight, water, and weather. (b) grass, trees, bees, and ants. (c) all the biotic and abiotic factors in an area. (d) all of the above.
3. Which describes the possible flow of energy in an ecosystem? (a) snakes to frogs to caterpillars to trees (b) trees to frogs to snakes to caterpillars (c) trees to caterpillars to frogs to snakes (d) caterpillars to trees to frogs to snakes
4. The relationship between autotrophs and producers is (a) that autotrophs make the food the producers eat. (b) that producers make the food the autotrophs eat. (c) that autotrophs eat producers. (d) that they are the same organisms.
5. Which statement best describes a trophic level? (a) A trophic level is the feeding position of an organism in a food chain or web. (b) A trophic level is the position of an organism in an ecosystem. (c) A trophic level is the niche of an organism in an ecosystem. (d) A trophic level is the feeding role of an organism in an ecosystem.
6. Examples of decomposers include (a) algae and cyanobacteria. (b) earthworms, dung beetles, and spiders. (c) vultures and raccoons. (d) all of the above.
7. Which organism would usually be in the fourth trophic level? (a) rats (b) humans (c) rabbits (d) hawks
8. Which statement best defines ecology? (a) The study of how living things interact with each other. (b) The study of how living things interact with each other and with their environment. (c) The study of how living things interact with their environment. (d) The study of how living things interact with their habitat.
Roosevelt Junior High
Principal: Dr. Kim Brasfield-Carpenter Assistant Principal: Dr. Cynthia Marks
Roosevelt Junior High School in School District 148 is committed to creating a positive learning environment that successfully meets the needs of its learners. We are a dedicated staff that truly has the best interest of the children at heart.