Hello Roosevelt Junior Families,
Welcome to 7th Grade Science! I am honored to have your child in my science class, and I am excited to work with you and your child throughout the year. I believe that science is an extremely engaging and interesting subject. It increases our awareness and knowledge of the world around us, and opens doors to new and exciting discoveries.
This year your son or daughter will be using a variety of textbooks and instructional materials to help them achieve proficiency in science content. They will also have many opportunities to apply what they have learned in lessons through various lab investigations and activities, which can be fun and highly engaging.
How can you help you child during remote learning?
- Ensure that your child is checking their Microsoft Teams Classroom on a daily basis.
- Ensure that your child is watching the videos for each of their classes each week.
- Ensure that your child is completing all required assignments and submitting these to
their teacher in a timely manner.
- Encourage your child to reach out to their teacher if they have any questions or concerns
or need any extra help!
My goal is to create a classroom learning environment to help your child:
- Develop a strong science vocabulary
- Build a solid foundation for understanding science concepts
- Make connections among science and other academic areas
- Utilize technology to learn more about science
- Apply mathematics to problem solving
- Apply reading and writing strategies
- Develop critical thinking skills, challenge assumptions, think creatively, and solve real-life problems
- Enjoy learning!
If you would like to talk in person, I am always available to schedule appointments before school, after school, or during my planning period 10:55 to 11:30. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
I know that we will have a successful, exciting, and productive year in science. I look forward to being a part of the academic progress your child will make.
Mr. Brendan Fleming
7th Grade Science Teacher
Roosevelt Junior High